Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 27th, 2009 - The Greek Isle of Santorini - Almost heaven!

The entire group headed out for a day on Santorini. It is the most beautiful island I have been on. This was my second time here so I knew basically where we were going. There were 12 that I needed to keep track of :) The tenders from the ship drop you here where we are standing. From here there are two ways up to the city of Thira... cable car or donkey (or you can walk the donkey trail... I don't suggest it)




Most of us opted for the cable cars. It was 5euros a person and the line wasn't bad at all. The boys, of course, decided they wanted to go by way of the donkey... same price.




The rest of the pictures can speak for themselves...














This last shot was great... We had all split up to wander for a few hours with a meeting place at the end of the day. Our family stopped in a hillside cafe and I went to use the restroom... there was a window in the bathroom, so I looked out to see the view, and there were Minda and Steve having a drink below. Pretty cool photo.

No comments: