Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26 'ish 2009 - Let's have a look around the ship!

Just the facts...
occupancy - 2850
tonnage - 122,000
length - 1,033 ft
beam - 121 ft
draught - 27 ft

The Solstice!


A regular balcony cabin... we had 3 balcony cabins in a row and had our room steward open the balcony dividers so we could all go from one room to the next without stepping out in the hallway. This is very nice! And our balcony was huge! We had rooms 9127, 9129 & 9131.

Our messy cabin... the beds were awesome! The TV system is the best I have ever seen... many many movies on-demand so you could pause them and return to watch them up to 48 hours later. This was a great set-up. Also, many music channels. We would put on music, have a bunch of friends over for happy hour on our 3 wide balcony. Good times!



This entire area was our balcony....




Each balcony had a nice size table and 2 chairs that could either sit up straight or recline. Nice redesign on the balcony furniture for this ship. There is nothing like having breakfast on the balcony, watching the Mediterranean float by... nothing!



Alex and I at the Sunset Bar... our home away from home (or cabin away from cabin)


The boys at happy hour... Richard with his stash of Coronas. And yes, that is grass behind them. I thought it was going to be weird, but the grass was really really nice. I loved the space on the Lawn Deck. It was so relaxing, the bartender incredible, and I wanted to have my mail forwarded there!

After we rested up from our relaxing and oh so many drinks, we decided to have a serious game of Bocce Ball. Gerry and I took the young'ns and I hear a rematch is in order. I say "Bring it on!"


Steve and my partner Gerry... probably having a row about who is closer... it was always US!


As my good friend Minda says, Celebrity should totally use this shot on their brochure. Steve looks like the picture of happiness.

No comments: