Monday, May 25, 2009

May 25th, 2009 - All aboard Celebrity's Solstice

It was finally time to board the Solstice! I was excited to say the least. I had been following the building of this ship from the time they laid the keel in Meyer Werft, Germany. There were quite a few of us following the building of the ship and have been crazy over any pictures we could find along the way. There were some GREAT people in Germany that were posting pictures for us anxious followers. The ship is beauty that has to be experienced to believe. This is my favorite ship I have been on so far :D (of course I have many yet to try to make this a fair comparison).


I love everything about embarkation day! The feel of the people... the port activity... even standing in line to check in makes me warm and fuzzy. This was the first cruise for the kids, so we were both eager to see what they thought about it.


The first order of business is always the Muster Drill. After the Muster Drill I had arranged a Sail-Away party at the Sunset Bar. I was very excited to meet a few people that I had talked to online for months prior to leaving on vacation. The day was absolutely perfect! The weather was excellent... the company superb... and we had 11 more days just like it to look forward to! I just love sailing!







This is a picture of Dan and I in front of the ship we were married on. We were married on the bow of the Brilliance of the Seas. It was so cool that it happened to be behind our ship. It was an unexpected, great surprise.

No comments: