Wednesday, September 2, 2009

September 2nd, 2009 - Union Square, more Budda, and Burn the Floor!

Well, our morning started out with shopping around Union Square. We first stopped for breakfast at a place called "Coffee Shop". It was a perfect place for breakfast and better priced than anything up by our hotel. Definitely a dive breakfast place, but good... and in the perfect spot for post breakfast shopping!

After a BIG day of shopping it was time for drinks at my favorite 7th Avenue spot, La Maison. This place is open 24/7 and is thee best sidewalk drink place in the area. This place is right next to our hotel, so it makes a nice drink spot. While sitting here thinking about our wonderful dinner at Buddakan on Sunday night, we decided to call and see if we could get in for a pre-show dinner. YAY!!! It was SO early that it was doable... We had to get downtown, eat at Buddakan... and then back up to the theatre district for our "Burn the Floor" show.

Since it was in the daylight this time, I was able to get a picture of the front of Buddakan. You would walk right by it if you didn't know what you were looking for.

It was so funny... I didn't take pictures of the food the first night we were here so I got my camera out and ready... well the food came and we immediately started eating and I forgot again!!! SO.. this is a picture of the end of the meal... The Crab Fried Rice is the best rice I have ever eaten EVER! Our other dishes are in the background... the Filet Mignon and the Ribeye.

We jumped back on the subway and back to the theatre district for our FRONT ROW seats at the special engagement of Burn the Floor!! This was my favorite show of the trip. It was all dancing and super fun. I ordered tickets the day the tickets were first released and got us front and center aisle. It was WOW! We were sitting in the fog and we actually had to move our feet for the dancers to get around us. So awesome! The show came about after a performance for Elton John's birthday party. There were dancers in the show that are part of the show "Dancing with the Stars". From the time the curtain went up it was all dancing.

Today was a perfect day spent with my very best friend... eating... shopping... drinking... eating... and the best show! I would definitely file this under "My Personal Groundhog Days". (Have you seen the movie Groundhog Day? Where the same day keeps repeating? I have a list of those days that I would like to be "Groundhog Days")

No comments: